South Korea passed DNA legislation in December 2009, which came into effect in July 2010.
- External links
Summary of DNA forensics in South Korea
By the Council for Responsible Genetics
- Summary of DNA forensics in South Korea
- Press articles
- Chosun: Prosecutors, Police to Share Criminal DNA Database (13th September 2012)
The Hankyoreh: DNA collection to intimidate unions (7th April 2011)
Reports that prosecutors have been collecting DNA samples from workers convicted of engaging in strikes and other activities.
- Korea JongAng Daily: First use of DNA database pays dividends (28th August 2010)
The Chosunilbo: DNA Database of Criminals to Be Assembled This Year (22nd July 2010)
Reports that the new DNA law allows the government to take samples of criminals sentenced for 11 serious crimes.
- Korea Herald: Police to keep DNA database of suspected criminals (21st July 2010)
- Korea Herald: Gov`t to create DNA database for convicted felons (30th March 2010)